Satay is a Thai/Indonesian dish consisting of grilled, skewered meat served with a sauce. It goes great with jasmine or brown rice, steamed cabbage or bok choy, and grilled mushrooms & onions. This version of satay is a curry chicken recipe, but there are so many ways you can do it. Play around with the seasons until you find the combination your family raves about the most!
Trim any fat from the chicken & slice into 1 inch strips. Place in a ziplock bag. Mix the curry, fish sauce, garlic, lemongrass, soy sauce, and vegetable oil. If you’ve never used lemongrass before, check out this shopping & cooking guide! Pour over the chicken & marinate for at least 2 hours.
One of my favorite things about this – its freezer friendly! Once you have the meat & marinade in your bag, just throw it in the freezer. The day you want it, just put it in the fridge in the morning. As it thaws, it will marinate & be ready for dinner!
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken
- 1 tablespoon curry
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- Trim any fat from the chicken & slice into 1 inch strips. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the curry, garlic, vegetable oil, soy sauce, fish sauce, and lemon grass.
- Place the chicken in the mixture and marinate for at least 2 hours, overnight is best.
- Preheat grill to medium & thread chicken onto skewers.
- Place on grill, away from direct flame to prevent marinade from burning.
- Cook for about 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
- Serve with your favorite sauce.