In today’s economy, everyone wants to save money & find new ways to do so. Here are 10 ways (in no particular order) you can become financial stable, regardless of how much money you make or how far in debt you are.
- Cut out the money wasters (grabbing coffee on the way to work, buying anything food or medicine from a gas station, etc)
- Reduce or eliminate fees (use cash instead of a card, free checking account, etc)
- Earn money for the things you already buy (Ebates.com, Swagbucks.com, Mypoints.com, and Upromise.com)
- Track your expenses (save EVERY receipt for 3 months to see what you really spend)
- Create a budget that you can live with (cutting out all fun money will result in a binge shopping trip or night out)
- Start small (focus on one habit at a time instead of a major lifestyle upheaval)
- Set up a payment arrangement on 1 debt at a time (Mail them $5 a week if that’s all you can afford)
- Use Netflix instead of Redbox or pay-per-view.
- Meal Plan (plan your meals out for 1 week or 1 month, whatever works for you & your family)
- Set up an automatic transfer to a savings or investment account ($5/week makes a huge difference when you forget it is there).
Over the next few weeks, I will be writing a series of posts on how to make these 10 ways work for you.